250 were in attendance at the Gala Dinner including members of the diplomatic corps, government organizations, members of various political parties and numerous community organizations.
Stephen Sibanda, the past president of Africa Day Australia here with his wife Shillar Sibanda was presented an award by Robin Scott, Minister of Finance and Multicultural Affairs for his tremendous work to make Africa Day Australia such a successful organisation. On the right is John Bellavance, vice-president of UPF in Australia and Africa Day Australia and beside John is Cecilia Rabecca Mphande the committee chair for the Family and Youth Forum
VIPS that attended the Gala Dinner:
- Dr Stephen Rametse, President, Africa Day Australia
- Mr Stephen Sibanda , immediate past president, Africa Day Australia
- Mr Robin Scott MP, Minister for Multicultural Affairs
- Ms Inga Peulich MP, Shadow Minister for Multicultural Affairs
- The Hon Bruce Atkinson MP, President, Legislative Council
- Ms Ellen Sandell MP, State Member for Melbourne
- Ms Cindy McLeish MP, State Member for Eildon
- Mr Adam Bandt MP, Federal Member for Melbourne
- His Excellency Mr George Kanyamula Zulu, High Commissioner of the Republic of Zambia
- Mr Andrew Crisp, Deputy Police Commissioner, Victoria Police
- Mr Peter van Vliet, Regional Director Victoria Tasmania, Department of Immigration and Border Protection
- Dr Teresa de Fazio, Commissioner, Victorian Multicultural Commission
- Rev. Jong Yoo, Oceania Region Director, Universal Peace Federation.
- City of Melbourne Councillors
- Dr Sarah white, Quit Victoria.
- Representatives of the Ethnic Communities Council of Victoria